Monday, November 2, 2009

Do:Wednesday Night! Learn about Going Green.

http://universitychic.com/files/GoGreen.jpg
Hello Friends,
(From: Katie R.)
As some of you may know I'm back in school and studying sociology. My thesis topic concerns the environmental movement and how people attach meaning, process that meaning and then are moved or not moved to action. As I have been researching and meeting with my advisor I have been exposed to some really interesting information that I would love to share with all of you and hear what you think. Most recently I happened upon a Bill Moyers Journal segment called "Is God Green?" and I want to show it at my house wednesday night at 8 with a discussion to follow. It is a very well articulated program that seeks to understand the Christian's responsibility to take care of the environment and the movement in some churches that has followed. It also explores the tensions Christians face when balancing political views and Biblical principles.

Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://www.pbs.org/moyers/moyersonamerica/green/

Let me know if you want to come wednesday!!

katie

Please RSVP by either emailing KR or commenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment