Wednesday, September 23, 2009

For Amber (10 minute breakfast)

Thank you Amber for being the first follower of Moderation.

1.
Mango, Avocado, Cinnamon, Rice Milk Smoothie. Recipe From: The Clean Detox. This is a great smoothie if you really aren't eating much during the day! It takes 5 mins to prep and about 25 mins to drink, not kidding! If made right, the smoothie has a heavenly consistency which I compare to the baby of Mango sorbet and a Coco's vanilla shake. If a smoothie is all you have time for, the avos really make this a good breakfast supplement. But remember, we should be eating like kings in the morning and paupers by night ( we will address the importance of breakfast in chapter 11).

Ingreds: frozen TJ mangos, avo,cinna and your choice of milk (non-dairy...if you can)

How to:

1. let mangos soften in your blender for about 3-4 mins.

2. add 1/4 to 1/2 avo, more avo makes for a smoother smoothie

3. add the rest of the ingreds to your liking. I go heavy on the cinna

4. Optional: honey or agave. I also like to add 2-4 ice cubs, adds crunch



2. Apples, Cinnamon, Honey, Olive Oil, Pine nuts and Raisin Bake
Amber, this is so fast, delicious and easy! I made it this morning after reading your comment. It was done in a flash and I ate it while studying.

How to: For 1 person, I like a lot
1. Oven to 450
2. get an oven safe whatever. take a handful of pine nuts and raisins throw them in
3. 1 tablespoon olive oil, toss it in (or less, i like a lot- it helps with clean bowel movements)
4. Optional: add honey (the juice from apples is so sweet, you almost don't need it)
5.2 apples. Cut them the quickest way you know how and throw them into your oven safe whatever
6. add your cinna

Bake for 8-10 mins. Let cool, I love to throw it all into a bowl and soak with a little soy milk. If i get really happy, I chop up a banana and eat is like a bowl of cereal- minus the wheat. Keep your metabolism going!






4 comments:

  1. Kristina,

    These recipes sound amazing, I can't wait to try them tomorrow morning. :)

    Keep it coming...

    -Jessica

    PS- I am starting to read the book "The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Apetite" by David Kessler (former FDA Commissioner) and I can't wait to get my mind and body around the concept of moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please keep me posted on that book. I have seen it around and my interest is so sparked! especially bc the author and his former commissioner status. thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina-

    These recipes are fantastic. I tried them both this morning, so delicious and wonderful. I can't wait to make them again!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! i am posting a new one in 2 days. I think you will love it. i have to develop the recipe first, but its going to be sinful!

    ReplyDelete