Saturday, October 3, 2009

Make:Onion,Garlic,Sesame seed & Coconut Puree

This recipe takes 6 mins and it will knock your socks off you! If you need to impress or just de-stress, then this is the extra love that you need! Nathan adores this sauce and almost ask me to marry him all over again when I painted our veggie/yam dinner with it.

I suggest mixing or pouring this puree over coconut rice, baked yams, potatoes or mixed steamed veggies.
Indreds: 1 can of Coconut milk, make sure it has no additives or sugar ( I love the Trader Joes kind.) 1 white or red onion, 5 fresh garlic gloves and salted sesame seeds.
How to: You can double or reduce this recipe, be free and creative with it!
1. Use any small fryer/pan. Olive oil the pan and add a pinch of salt.
2. 1/2 cup diced onions, toss them into the heat and enjoy the smell of onion and olive oil.
3. smash or press garlic gloves and toss that into the pan.
4. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
at this point the smell should be making you light headed with excitement! allow the ingreds to bathe one another and continue to stir.
5. add 1/2 cup or a handful of salted sesame seeds to the mix
6. allow the onions to slightly brown and the sesame seeds to fully warm
7. in a blender, blend 1/2-3/4 cup of coconut milk and your sauté for 3 mins. it must be 3 mins. (if you see that more liquid is needed, add a small amount of coco milk mixed with water.)
8. add salt if you need to. I dont.

Pour this sauce over anything. I love it with rice and black beans and yams!

5 comments:

  1. My taste buds so excited ! I am going to make it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will love it with white rice and fish or light meat! love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! I am going to try it tonight. I was already planning on making rice, yams , and beans - this sauce will make it so much better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me know what you think! if you add olive oil and whisk- you can use it as a salad dressing. thanks.

    ReplyDelete